Friday, August 19, 2011

Since You've Been Gone


Hey folks. I know, it HAS been a while. Well, before you start fussing at me, allow me to explain....

The day of my last Wilton cake decorating class...........my grandfather passed away. I needed some time to get emotionally prepared to share with you all. I needed time to be able to write this without breaking down into tears. June 22nd, I received the worse news I ever could have received....my Pawpaw died. He had been in the hospital, but we had anticipate his return home and were planning for a brighter and healthier future. Unfortunately, the Lord saw fit that it was time for my PawPaw to return home.

I'm not going to make this a very long post because I know that this post will turn into a novel. One thing I most most mention... My Pawpaw was an amazing person, and not just to me. Until his memorial service, I never realized how many people he has effected and in such a enlightening way. He inspired soooo many people and loved each one just the same. I am so honored to be his granddaughter, so honored to have had the opportunity to share my life with such a charismatic and loving individual. Not only that, but to see my grandmother receive a standing ovation during the service........People, you had to witness it. It would have given you chills. I must, and will save a special post for who you will all come to love, my Mudder. Oh, yes, I will be sure to explain the name.

 The day of my grandfather's passing was to be my last Wilton Cake Decorating Basics class. At first I wasn't going to go, but my Mudder insisted. It was hard to focus in class, but to be honest it did help to not be around anyone trying to console you. PLEASE, don't get me wrong, I appreciate the empathy; however, I got tired of people asking me if I was okay. I never really knew how to answer because if I say yes, would it appear insentative? On the flip side, saying no would of opened the flood gates for more consoling. Just saying.


So, without futher ado, I present my final Wilton cake. It was the only thing on my mind at the time, but I felt I did a decent job. I plan to write more about this experience as well as share with you what I've been up to and the delightful treats I've been cooking up. Stay tuned.....

No comments:

Post a Comment